The 500 Bedded New Ward Block with eight storeyed RCC framed structure building including service basement having total floor area of 28,734 sqm is being constructed at Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital Campus, Shahdara, in the Trans Yamuna area, Delhi to cater additional facilities for Gynae & Paediatric Ward.
Base Isolation Technology has been provided in this Building. Base Isolation Technology is meant to enable a building or non-building structure to survive a potentially devastating seismic impact through a proper initial design or subsequent modifications. The idea behind Base Isolation is to detach (isolate) the building from the ground in such a way that earthquake motions are not transmitted up through the building or at least greatly reduced.
This video is sourced from 'youtube'
Base Isolation Technology consists of isolation units with or without isolation components, where:
1. Isolation units are the basic elements of base isolation system which are intended to provide the mentioned decoupling effect to a building or non-building structure.
2. Isolation components are the connections between isolation units and their parts having no decoupling effect of their own.
This New Ward Block is being connected at all floors with existing ward block by providing connecting corridor and ramp. This newly constructed ward also has the Green Building Feature to make it energy efficient building which minimizes the building environmental impact and improve indoor environmental quality. The Common Objective of making Green building is that it reduces the overall impact of the built environment on human health and natural environment by:
• Efficiently using energy, water, and other resources
• Protecting occupant health and improving employee productivity
• Reducing waste, pollution and environmental degradation